Created on 2009-11-02 18:17:00
My notebook computer won’t go into hibernation after installing AP2700. I’m using the PCMCIA (PC Card) adapter to connect to my SYS-2722 analyzer.
The apibnt.sys driver for the PCMCIA card interface prevents the computer from entering hibernation. This is an issue for all computers running APWIN, AP2700, or ATS software that use the PCMCIA adapter. There are two ways to solve this issue, short of turning off hibernation.
1) Replace the PCMCIA interface with an AP USB-APIB Adapter. This adapter works with System Two Cascade / Cascade Plus / 2700 Series or ATS-2 instruments, and requires AP2700 v3.30 or ATS v1.60 or higher. It will not work with System One or System Two (pre Cascade).
2) Temporarily disable the PCMCIA card driver when not running the AP software, by following these steps:
1. Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > System and click on the Device Manager button.
2. Go to View, and select Show Hidden devices.
3. The category "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" will be shown. Expand it, locate the apibnt driver, and double click on it.
4. Go to the driver tab. Click the Stop button, and change the Startup Type to Disabled.
5. To re-enable the driver, click the Start button and change the Startup Type to Automatic.