Created on 2013-06-10 22:13:00
Testing MADI with the SSL MadiXtreme 64/128 and APx500
A high quality sound card with ASIO driver support may be used as an interface for APx500 v3.2 and higher. ASIO technology allows for bit-perfect data transfer between a PC audio interface and APx500.
MADI devices may be tested this way using an SSL MadiExtreme 64/128 PCIe card as our interface. The SSL MadiXtreme cards are fully compatible with the APx500 ASIO driver.
- Install APx500 software v3.3 (or newer) as per the included instructions. The installer may be downloaded here: http://www.ap.com/download/file/412
- Install the SSL MadiXtreme 64 or 128 card into your PC as per the included instructions.
- Install the SSL MadiXtreme driver software as per the included instructions.
- Power ON and Connect your APx audio analyzer to the PC. Note: if you have the APx515 model analyzer, you must have the ASIO software option which is sold separately (part# APX-SW-ASIO.) All other APx audio analyzer models include the ASIO feature as standard.
- Right + click the APx500 desktop shortcut icon and select “Run as administrator” from the pop up menu.
- With the desired Signal Path setup selected in APx500 software, choose ASIO from the pull down menu as the Connector type for the Output or Input Configuration.
- From the Device pull down menu select SSL Soundscape ASIO.
- Click the Settings button and select the desired Sample Rate, Buffer Size, Clock Source, and Coupling settings. Using the SSL Soundscape ASIO Settings dialog window, you must also assign the Output (or Input) Channels. Note with APx515 hardware connected you are limited to two simultaneous channels, using all other APx models you may use up to 16 simultaneous channels.
Note: Clicking the “Control” button in the SSL Soundscape ASIO Settings dialog window will open the SSL Control Panel window however, it may be hidden behind the APx500 window. You can use the Alt + Tab keys on your keyboard to bring the SSL Control Panel to the front.