Audio Precision offers a variety of audio cables to facilitate interconnection of our analyzer systems to devices under test. These cables have been optimized for performance and convenience of use in the applications they are intended to serve. In some cases, general-purpose cables can actually degrade the accuracy and performance of high-quality measurement equipment by employing improper or inadequate shielding or grounding techniques. Sometimes, it may be inconvenient or difficult to find cables of the correct length or with the required connectors. We have chosen these custom-made cables to maintain the full performance of our measurement equipment, and have applied appropriate details such as color coding and adapters for maximum convenience.
APx500 Series Analyzer Cable Kits
• CAB-525: APx515/525 cable kit. Includes above items for CAB-520 cable kit, with two (2) additional AES/EBU digital XLR cables
• CAB-526: APx526 cable kit. Six (6) XLR-M to XLR-F balanced analog audio cables, six (6) BNC cables, two (2) AES/EBU digital XLR cables, one (1) Toslink optical cable, and ground strap
• CAB-582: APx582 cable kit. Three (3) BNC cables, ten (10) BNC-M to RCA-F adapters, two (2) XLR-M to XLR-F balanced digital audio cables, one (1) Toslink optical cable, one (1) DB25M to 8 XLR-F cable, and ground strap
• CAB-585: APx585 cable kit. One (1) DB25M to DB25M balanced loopback cable, eleven (11) BNC to BNC 14″ analog and digital coax loopback cables, two (2) AES/EBU cables, one (1) DB25M to 8-XLR male cable; one (1) DB25M to 8-XLR female cable, 18 BNC to RCA adapters, and ground strap
• CAB-586: APx586 cable kit (includes above items for CAB-585 kit, with additional XLR to DB25 input cable for the second input module).
• CAB-517-SPK-2M: APx517 speaker test cable, integrated 4-wire Kelvin connection (2 meters).
• CAB-517-SPK-5M: APx517 speaker test cable, integrated 4-wire Kelvin connection (5 meters).
• CAB-1701: APx1701 cable kit. One (1) SpeakON to dual BNC (2 ft), two (2) BNC cables, and two (2) XLR-M to XLR-F balanced audio cables.
• CAB-APSI: One (1) USB cable
• CAB-BNC: One (1) BNC to BNC 14″ analog and digital coax loopback cable
• CAB-DB1: One (1) DB25M to DB25M balanced loopback cable (2 ft)
• CAB-DB2: One (1) DB25M to DB25M balanced loopback cable (3 ft)
• CAB-DB3: One (1) DB25M to DB25M balanced loopback cable (6.5 ft)
• CAB-DB9: Set of two (2) DB9M to DB9M cable
• CAB-DBXF: One (1) DB25M to 8-XLR female cable
• CAB-DBXM: One (1) DB25M to 8-XLR male cable
• CAB-DSIO: Set provides one (1) DB15M to eight 2-pin breakout cable, and one (1) DB15M to eight BNC breakout cable for DSIO
• CAB-BPSI-2P: One (1) DB15M to eight 2-pin breakout cable for DSIO
• CAB-BPSI-2P-LCAP: One (1) low-capacitance DB15M to eight 2-pin breakout cable for DSIO
• CAB-BPSI-BNC: One (1) DB15M to eight BNC breakout cable for DSIO
• CAB-GND: One (1) Ground strap
• CAB-HDMI: Set of four (4) HDMI – HDMI cables
• CAB-PDM: Three (3) 2-pin square header socket connectors to three (3) BNC (3 ft)
• CAB-PDM16-2M: APx PDM 16 interface cable (2 meters)
• CAB-PDM16-5M: APx PDM 16 interface cable (5 meters)
• CAB-PDM16-10M: APx PDM 16 interface cable (10 meters)
• CAB-SMA: SMA cable for APx Bluetooth module (3 ft)
2700 Series / System Two / ATS-2 Cable Kits
• CAB-6BNC: PSIA device interface cable, BNC to two-pin connector (set of 6)
• CAB-D0: One (1) APIB interface cable extension, 0.5 meter (for all interface cards except PCMCIA)
• CAB-D2: One (1) APIB interface cable extension, 2 meters (for all interface cards except PCMCIA)
• CAB-D6: One (1) APIB interface cable extension, 6 meters (for all interface cards except PCMCIA)
• CAB-PAR: Parallel digital interface cable to connect between SYS-2722 rear panel parallel digital I/O (miniature 50-pin ribbon connector) and user’s DUT fixture, 15″ length (quantity of 1)
• CAB-XMF: XLR male to XLR female cable kit (4 color-coded cables)
• CAB-XBR: XLR male/female to RCA/BNC cable (not recommended for analyzer input) (set of 4)
Analog Interconnect Cables
CAB-XBR: Consists of four cables: two XLR male to RCA/phono male, and two XLR female to RCA/phono male. Four gold-plated adapters (supplied) convert the RCA connectors to BNC male, allowing this cable kit to handle virtually all unbalanced hook-ups. The four cables are each 8 feet (2.4 meters) long Mogami super-flexible shielded cable, and have a unique colored identification ring at each end. The cables are wired with pin 2 of the XLR connector as “+” or “high”, connected to center pin of the RCA connector; pin 3 as “-” or “low”, connected to the outer ring of the RCA connector; pin 1 is connected to the cable shield at the XLR end of the cable, which is unconnected at the RCA end. This agrees with the unbalanced wiring convention of Audio Precision instruments.
CAB-XMF: Includes four 8-foot (2.4-meter) XLR male to XLR female cables, each of which has a unique color identification band. The cables are made from Mogami super-flexible, four-conductor shielded cable. Wiring is “balanced-quad connection.”