Created on 2008-07-11 13:10:00
|Several third party manufacturers sell Parallel to USB adapters for converting the data sent from a parallel port to USB.
The AP Tech Support Department recently tested three different USB printers with current and discontinued models of the Portable One and ATS-1 using an “Lpt2USB Parallel To USB Printer Adapter” (Item#122 0202, CyberGuys.com, $79.99).
The Lpt2USB adapter
Please note these findings apply only to the test setup described below. We cannot guarantee the results of your particular printer or Parallel to USB adapter.
- Current model P1s and ATS-1s printed successfully.
- Older models (the discontinued original P1 & ATS-1, and P1 Plus) were not compatible with the Lpt2USB adapter and were unable to print.
Table of test results
|Discontinued September 1995
|Discontinued September 1998
|Discontinued March 1999
- HP Business Inkjet 2300
- Ricoh Laser AP610N
- HP Deskjet 825c
- The Deskjet 825c indicated an error condition, but the print was OK. No errors were reported by the other printers.
- Printer must be PCL Compatible (HP’s Printer Command Language).
- Instrument must be set to PCL Print Mode.
- AP does not support third party applications or products unless specifically stated.